Cruel summer doesn’t even begin to describe what my skin has been going through during this hot, humid yet magnificent time of year. During the summer time, my t-zone becomes oily, acne prone, and the pores around my nose get huge – a big change from my normally dry, sensitive skin. I like to keep my skin care routine pretty simple and I try to stick to natural products as much as possible.
- Rebuild and repair skin
- Soothe irritation and itchiness
- Hydrate and brighten skin
- Improve elasticity and texture
It really is a great product, and I highly recommend it. I bought the travel size (0.5 oz) version of Tarte’s Maracuja oil from Sephora for $15, which is pretty good considering it should last for about a year.
STEP 1 – Cleanse: Cleanse with Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser
STEP 2 – Double Mask: Once or twice a week I feel like I need a deeper cleanse and something to help close up my pores, so I do a face mask. I start with Lush’s Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask – a delicious mix of blueberries, irish moss, almond oil, rose, and chamomile. It’s a great mask, especially for those who with sensitive skin, but my skin needs an extra boost of moisture afterwards, so I do another mask. The second one I make myself and is just a mix of avocado and honey. Both avocado and honey are great moisturizers, but honey also helps to get rid of bacteria. I got the idea to start double masking from this article.
STEP 3 – Moisturize: My skin doesn’t need a lot of moisture after I double mask, so I usually just apply 1 drop of the Maracuja oil (instead of 2).
- My face gets super oily when I’m outside, so I always either splash my face with cold water or dab a cold, damp wet piece of paper towel to get rid of any excess oil.
- If my face feels itchy or I can feel a pimple coming up, I dab with cold water and then apply a little bit of Argan or Maracuja oil